We have skilled, English-Spanish speaking phone counselors who are available to help you through the appointment process and answer any questions you may have about our services. Your questions and concerns are important to us.
Please call 206-323-9388 or toll-free
1-800-644-9389, then choose selection #1 to schedule an appointment or to speak with our phone counselors. Our phone counselors are available to receive your call:
|Monday through Friday:
||8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST)
|8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Click here to see our Payment Options.
Click here to fill out forms
before your appointment.
Please note, we offer surgical abortion services on
Saturdays. Abortion appointments are available in the morning and early afternoon, and an appointment will usually be available within the week you call.
We currently do not offer medication
abortions (Abortion Pill).
Mondays through Saturdays we offer
gynecological care services such
as: annual exams, birth control services,
emergency contraception (EC or
Morning-After Pill), option and
post-abortion counseling, Pap smears and
NEW! ~ On Mondays from 9 a.m.
to 2 p.m. we offer a
walk-in gynecological care
clinic for services such as emergency
contraception, Rapid HIV testing and
other STI testing, and UTI testing and treatment.
Read more about abortion, birth control,
pregnancy options counseling and our gynecological care services.
Making an Abortion Appointment
Before you call us, it is helpful to have the following information available:
- The first day of your last normal menstrual period or the date of conception.
- If you plan to use your insurance, please have your insurance card available.
- If you plan to take advantage of our discount fee schedule, please have an estimate of your monthly or yearly income ready.
- If you plan to use medical coupons, please note the type of coupon you currently have.
- The phone counselor will ask
a series of questions about your
health history, drug allergies
and whether or not you are
currently taking any
medications. This is to ensure
that it is safe for you to have
an abortion at our clinic.
For more information on any of these options, please see our Payment Options.
Preparing For Your Abortion Appointment:
- One support person is welcome to accompany you to your appointment, and that person may also be with you during your procedure. However, you are not required to bring someone with you.
- If you would like to receive narcotic pain medication during your surgical abortion appointment, please keep in mind that you will need to have someone drive you home. You may also arrange to take a taxi.
- Please do not consume any alcohol, aspirin, recreational drugs or marijuana for 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Please have a light breakfast the morning of your appointment. You should not have a large meal or any greasy food before coming in, as some of the medications we may give you can cause nausea. Cereal, yogurt, toast and muffins are good choices. Bacon, omelets, fried food, etc. should be avoided.
- If you are having a surgical abortion, please plan to be at our clinic for a total of three to five hours. If you are in your second trimester (12+ weeks), please expect to be at the clinic for eight hours. These estimates include wait time, the time between the different parts of your appointment and recovery time.
If you would like to decrease
your abortion appointment time
to under 2 hours you can come in
the previous day for a
When you call to make your
appointment, ask our phone
counselors about it!
- Fill out these
and bring them to your appointment.
On the Day of
- Bring your payment in full; your valid CNP medical coupon (or you can have it faxed to us at 206-323-0120); or your insurance card, a photo ID and any co-payment for which you are responsible.
- If you had a pregnancy test done at a clinic or doctor's office, please bring the results with you. If they are not available, we can do a test here at the time of your appointment.
- Please bring with you any medications you are currently taking. This ensures that we know the exact name and dosage of your medication.
- If you have children, we ask that you arrange for child care beforehand. We do not allow children in our clinic.
- For security reasons, we ask that you do not bring any large bags or backpacks into the clinic. A small purse is permissible.
- We usually have a small
group of protesters that stand
on the sidewalk outside of our
clinic on mornings when we
perform abortions. They may try
to speak to you or hand you one
of their pamphlets or rosary
beads. You do not have to engage
with them in any way. We
encourage you to simply walk
past them and ring the security
buzzer at our front door to be
let in for your appointment. We
have an officer who patrols our
facility on these days, and is
often at the front door for
added security. Although it can
certainly be upsetting to see
the protesters outside of our
clinic, you do not need to be
afraid of them.
- Many people, both clients
and staff, are allergic or
highly sensitive to perfumes and
cologne. For this reason our
clinic is a fragrance-free zone
and we ask that you refrain from
wearing strong scents on your
- We encourage you to wear
comfortable clothing to your
abortion appointment. It is also
advisable to bring a snack with
you (anything non-greasy such as
fruit, yogurt, crackers, or
bread is a good idea). If the
snack does not fit in your small
purse, please bring it in a
clear grocery bag.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to speak with one of our phone counselors. We are always here to help!